Gala and FIASCO make it fun to raise funds that support our church.
Come join us for Horizon UU’s Fall FUNdraiser: FIASCO
When: Sunday, April 7th, 2019 10-10:30am and 11:30am-12:30pm (remainders sale on April 14th)
Where: Horizon’s Fellowship Hall
Why: Fun, Fellowship, and Fundraise for the church’s operating budget
FIASCO is our Spring Fundraiser held in April on a Sunday morning or two. Events are sold for fixed prices and fill-up fast. Attend service that day and then look for the sale in Fellowship Hall and sign-up for some fun. For more details about Horizon’s spring fundraiser click here.
Each fall at Gala, Horizon members get together for our annual party! Members donate items, events, services, and classes that are then put into a silent auction and marketplace. A few good examples include use of members’ vacation homes, a private dinner in a home or special restaurant, a bridge party, hand-made jewelry, gift baskets, and even Spanish lessons. There is always entertainment, refreshments and lots of fun!!!
Events are the most popular auction items. Horizon members use them to fill their social calendars with activities with Horizon friends. Inspired to create an event of your own? It’s never too early to donate. You can find our on-line donation form for both Gala and FIASCO here. Examples of past offerings are here.
Watch this page for details about Gala 2019 – October 12, 2019 – Cajun Masquerade.
Here are a few "best practices" guidelines for promoting your donation.
- Don’t leave the date “to-be-determined.” People are reluctant to bid without being sure of the date. For a dinner or an outing, pick a specific date, with a backup rain date if outdoors.
- Don’t be bashful in describing your offering. Advertising works!
The following are some examples of past write-ups:
- "Experience the ultimate Middle Eastern Feast. First a Turkish Dinner, and then a Belly Dancing show and private lessons with two professional belly dancers."
- "Come fill your stomach and empty your wallet. It's Marty's Annual Pizza and Poker Game. Plenty of pizza and Shiner's. Male bonding at its best!"
- "Second annual Dessert Extravaganza. A consortium of dessert chefs will create a table-full of gorgeous desserts. From exotic fruits to Death by Chocolate - there will be something for every taste!"
Need More Space?