Thinking About Becoming a Member ?
Whether you’ve been attending Horizon for a few weeks or a few years, if you’re ready to deepen your experience by becoming a member, we’re ready to welcome you. We welcome people of all beliefs, ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations, and physical abilities.
So, if you’re ready, we encourage you to attend our Exploring Horizon Classes. Even if you’ve participated in an Adult Exploration class or one of our social actions projects, attended one of our plays or concerts or just sat in on our Sunday services, these classes are where all your questions get answers!
Come “Explore Horizon” with Us!
For those who are visiting and want to know more about Unitarian Universalism and Horizon, or for members who want to learn more about how Horizon works, an upcoming class will provide excellent information. And, if you are considering becoming a member, the “Exploring Horizon” class is highly recommended—here, you can ask all your questions!
Learn about the Seven Principles that we as Unitarian Universalists strive to integrate into our lives. Hear about the history and the future of Horizon, how our members participate in the life of the church and what activities and offerings are available to deepen your spiritual growth. Find out how our church’s finances work and what you can expect if you choose to become a member. Meet other Horizon members and new friends during the class.
--Cindy Treece and the Hospitality/Membership Team
Designed for people considering membership, Exploring Horizon classes are usually offered quarterly. During the class you will:
- Share your religious or spiritual journeys.
- Learn about the history and traditions of Unitarian Universalism and Horizon.
- Hear about how you can become involved at Horizon.
- Expand your circle of friends at the church.
How to Become a Voting Member
To become a voting member of Horizon Unitarian Universalist Church, simply:
- Become Part of Us – When you feel ready, email the minister to sign the membership book and be inducted into membership by the congregation at a special Sunday service.
- Get Involved – Attend services and church social activities as often as you are able. Enroll in a church class or small group to deepen your own spiritual practices.
- Share Your Gifts – Make a financial pledge to Horizon within the first 90 days to become a full voting member. Volunteer to use your time, talents and experience for the good of the church.
- Live Your Faith – Serve the church and our larger community. Help us bring to life our covenant to treat every person with respect and compassion.
If you’d like to find out more information about Horizon before joining, we recommend that you:
- Make an appointment to visit with our minister.
- Volunteer! This is the best way to learn about Horizon and get to know our members.
- Participate in one of our Adult Religious Education or spiritual practices classes, such as our Practical Buddhism Group.
- Visit the Welcome Center in our foyer after Sunday services or peruse more of this website.
- Join a small group to get to know other members.