- Category: About Horizon UU
What Do We Believe?
Regardless of your gender or sexual orientation, you are welcome here. You may be young or old, rich or poor, and you are welcome here. Whether you walked in with assistance or have special needs, you are welcome here. And regardless of your religious, ethnic or racial origins, you are welcome here.
We do not ask what you believe nor expect you to believe as we do. Rather our community encourages its members to pursue the deepening of their own religious conviction. This church is united not by creed, but by a common purpose to embrace the compassionate wisdom of all ages and cultures in order to realize a community of love, peace and justice for all.
We, the member congregations of the Unitarian Universalist Association, covenant to affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement of spiritual growth in our congregations
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and society at large
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty and justice for all
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.